College Marshaghai, Kendrapara has glorified its 33 years history, fulfilling the dreams of those illustrious sons of this soil. Now it is a leading college in Non-Govt. sector in Odisha. The idea and dream of establishing a Higher Educational Institution at Marshaghai first inculcated in the mind of. Late Sj. Rasananda Ratha, Late Sj. Prahallad Mallick, Late Sj. Dhruba Charan Swain, and Late Sj Raghunath Rath. The college is well communicated just one Km. south to Daitary-Paradeep N.H. 5(A) from Silipur and 7 Km from "Tulasikhetra" the abode of legendary God Lord Baladevjew in Kendrapara district. The place is believed to be named after one Marshal Sahib and famous as a pilgrim place for "Maa Gojabayani".
The foundation stone of the college buildings was laid by Sj. Gangadhar Mohapatra, the Ex- Minister of Education on Kartika Purnima in the year 1980. Annually this day is observed as the " Foundation Day of the college. "Two statues of Late Prahallad Mallick founder President, Ex-Deputy minister of irrigation & power, and Late Dhruba Charan Swain, founder Secretary were installed in front of the college building. Perpetuating their memory and their contribution to this college. The college started functioning in a temporary shed with two Non-Teaching Staff members (M.S. Behera and B. Das) on 11.07.1980. Subjects like English, MIL(O), Odia, History, Pol. Science, Sociology, Economics and Education were opened on 20.06.1980 and eight lecturers were appointed on 29.07.1980. Classes started functioning from 01.08.1980. Sri Debendra Nath Basantia, Lecturer-in- History acted as the first Principal of the College. The college began with an overwhelming number of students. 160 &
324 against traditional I.A. classes in the year 1980 and 1981 respectively.
I congratulate all staff and students of Marshaghai College on the occasion of publication of the college calendar 2015-16. The College Calender would provide enough information about the rules, regulations, academic programmes, academic performances and above all the mission of this growing institution. Success of an institution requires strict adherence to its rules and traditions. I trust that the students shall abide by the rules and regulations of the college to assist this NAAC accredited higher educational institution a prosperous one. The effort of the Board of Editors of the college calendar is truly commandable.
I wish this publication all success.
With best wishes
Prof. Mrs. Krishna Acharya
1. Prof. Debendranath Basantia, M.A. (offg.)
2. Prof. Prahllad Chandra Sahoo, M.A.(offg)
3. Prof. Debendranath Basantia, M.A. (offg)
4. Prof. Guru Prasad Mohanty, M.A. (Utkal)
5. Prof. Prahllad Chandra Sahoo, M.A.(offg)
6. Prof. Ranajit Kumar Das, M.A.. (offg)
7. Prof. Brahmananda Das, M.A. (Utkal)
8. Prof. Deepak Mishra, M.A. (Allahabad)
9. Prof.Ranajit Kumar Das, M.A.(Utkal) (offg)
10. Prof.Krushna Chandra Swain M.A.L.L.B.
11. Prof. Khagendra Swain, M.A. (offg)
12. Prof.Deepak Mishra, M.A. (Allahabad)
13. Prof.Khagendra Swain M.A. (offg)
14. Prof. Maj. Shreenath Sahoo, M.A.L.L.B.
15. Prof. Ananta Charan Biswal (offg)
16. Prof. Trilochan Mishra, M.A.L.L.B.
17. Prof. Anant Charan Biswal, M.A.(Utkal) (off)
18. Prof. Pradip Ku. Mohanty M.Sc. (Utkal) (off)
19. Prof. Sachinandan Samantray, M.Sc.
20. Prof. Ranajit Kumar Das, M.A. (Utkal) (off)
|21. Dr. Bhramarbar Beura,M.A.,Ph.D||19.02.15||31.03.16|
|22. Prof.(Mrs. Krishna Acharya,M.A||31.03.16|| Continuing|
MEMBERS OF THE GOVERNING BODY
(MARSHAGHAI JUNIOR COLLEGE)
1. President - Mr. Atanu Sabyasachi Nayak, Hon’ble Health & Information Minister Govt of Odisha, M.L.A., Mahakalpara
2. Secretary - Mrs. Krishna Acharaya, Principal
3. Member - Mrs. Pratigyan Samal, Staff Representative
4. Member - Mrs. Pratima Kumari Jena, Staff Representative
5. Member - Mr. Chitrasen Sethy, Chairman, Marshaghai Block
6. Member - Mr. Trailokya Nath Beura, M.P. Nominee
7. Member - Mrs. Pratima Parida
8. Member - Mrs. Sulochana Das
9. Member - Mr. Sanjaya Kumar Lenka
10. Member - Mr. Prafulla Kumar Das
11. Member - Mr. M. D. Mustak Alli
12. Member - Mrs. Bharati Dalai
13. Member - Mrs. Smrutirekha Swain
(MARSHAGHAI DEGREE COLLEGE)
1. President - Mr. Atanu Sabyasachi Nayak, Hon’ble Health & Information Minister, Govt of Odisha, M.L.A., Mahakalpara
2. Secretary - Mrs. Krishna Acharaya, Principal
3. Member - Mr. Niranjan Parija, Staff Representative
4. Member- Mr. Prasanta Ku Das, Staff Representative
5. Member - Mr. Madhusudan Behera, Staff Representative (H.C)
6. Member - Local MLA
7. Member - Mr. Pramod Ku. Rath, MP Nominee
8. Member - Mr. Chitrasen Sethy, Chairman, Marshaghai Block
9. Member - Mrs. Anjana Kumari Das
10. Member - Mrs. Silarani Parida
11. Member - Mr. Kailash Ch. Behera
12. Member - Mr. Rajendra Prasad Das, Staff Representative
13. Member - Mr. Matiwala Box
14. Member - Mrs. Bhagabati Malla
15. Member - Mrs. Bishnu Priya Swain
DEPT. OF ODIA
1. Mr. Sushil Ku. Choudhury, MA. (Utkal) Lecturer
2. Mr. Ashok Ku. Mohanty, M.A. (Utkal) Lecturer
3. Mr. Rashmi Ranjan Nayak,M.A(Utkal,Lecturer
DEPT. OF ENGLISH
1. Mr. Niranjan Parija, M.A. (Utkal) Associate Prof.
2. Dr. Jyotshnarani Tripathy, M.A. M.Phil, Ph.D, (Berhampur) Lect.
DEPT. OF HISTORY
1. Mrs. Nirupama Rath, M.A. (Utkal) Lecturer & HOD
2. Mr. Saswota Chandan Samantaray,M.A(Utkal,Lecturer
DEPT. OF ECONOMICS
1. Mr. Deepak Kumar Mohanty, M.A. (Berhampur) Lecturer & H.O.D.
2. Mr. Khageswar Nayak, M.A. (Utkal) Lecturer
DEPT. OF POLITICAL SCIENCE
1. Mrs. Menaka Paul, M.A.B.Ed. (Jabalpur),LLB (Utkal) Lecturer & H.O.D.
2. Mr. Umesh Ch. Dash, M.A. (Utkal), Lecturer
3. Miss Anuradha Das, M.A. (Utkal), Lecturer
DEPT. OF SOCIOLOGY
1. Mr. Prasanta Kumar Dash, M.A., M.Phil (Utkal) Reader & H.O.D.
2. Dr. Amiya Kumar Jena, M.A., Ph.D (Utkal) Sr.Lecturer
3. Mr. Bhuban Mohan Jena, M.A. (Sambalpur) Lecturer
4. Dr. Madhusmita Kar, M.A., M.Phill, Ph.D (Utkal) Lecturer
DEPT. OF EDUCATION
1. Mr. Suresh Ch. Lenka, M. Ed, M.Phil, (Indore) Lect. & H.O.D.
2. Mr. Basanta Ku. Mishra, M.Ed. (Indore) Lect.
3. Dr. Lakshmipriya Malla, M.A., M.Phill, Ph.D (Utkal) Lecturer
DEPT. OF LOGIC AND PHILOSOPHY
1. Mr. Dillip Kumar Sahoo, M.A. L.L.B. (Utkal) Lect. & HOD
DEPT. OF PHYSICS
1. Mrs. Anupama Das, M.Sc. (Utkal) Reader & H.O.D.
2. Mr. Pravat Ranjan Lenka, M.Sc., M.Phil (Utkal) Lecturer
3. Mr. Bijaya Ku. Patra, M.Sc, (Utkal), Sr.Lecturer
DEPT. OF CHEMISTRY
1. Mr. Dipak Kumar Das, M.Sc. (Sambalpur) Lecturer & HOD
DEPT. OF MATHEMATICS
1. Mr. Surendranath Panda, M.A. M.Phil (Utkal) Sr.Lecturer & H.O.D.
2. Mrs. Kanchan Sahoo, M.Sc. (Utkal) Lecturer
DEPT. OF BOTANY
1. Mrs. Pratima Kumari Jena, M.Sc. M.Phil. B.Ed. (Utkal) Reader & H.O.D.
2. Miss Subhadra Subhadarsini, M.Sc.,Lecturer
DEPT. OF ZOOLOGY
1. Mr. Gobinda Ch. Behera, M.Sc.B.Lib. & Inf. Sc. (Utkal) Lecturer & H.O.D.
DEPT. OF STATISTICS
1. Mr. Debabrata Mohanty, M.A., M.Phil. (Sambalpur)Lect. & H.O.D.
2. Mr. Lalit Narayan Das, M.A. (Utkal) Lect.
DEPT. OF COMMERCE
1. Mr. Makardhwaja Rout - M.Com (Utkal), Lect. & H.O.D
1. Mr. Rabindranath Rath, B.Sc. (Phy. Dept.)
2. Mr. Chirakumar Chakrabarti Mohanty, B.Sc. (Chem. Dept.)
3. Mr. Tamradhwoja Samal, B.Sc. (Zoology Dept)
4. Mr. Siba Prasad Swain, M.Sc. (Bot Dept)
Mr. Bhramarbar Nayak, B.A, BP.Ed.
VOCATIONAL STAFF (Regular)
1. Kishore Chandra Nayak, H.S.C, Peon
1. Miss Prajna Paramita Mohanty, Lect. English
2. Mr. Sukanta Kumar Pradhan, Lect. Odia
3. Mrs. Sasmita Nayak, Lect. Odia
4. Mr. Biswajit Behera, Lect. History
5. Mr. Banambar Barik, Lect. History
6. Mr. Prasanta Behera, Lect. Sociology
7. Mr. Trinath Mohanty, Lect. Sociology
8. Miss. Priyanka Priyadarshini Nayak, Lect. Education
9. Mr. Dhiren Choudhury, Lect. Political Sc.
10. Mr. Prabir Kumar Nayak, Lect. Economics
11. Mr. Jayadev Nayak, Lect. Chemistry
12. Mr. Tulu Charan Samal, Lect. Chemistry
13. Miss. Lopamudra Jena, Lect. Mathematics
14. Miss. Barsarani Kund, Lect. Botany
15. Miss. Upasana Baral, Lect. Environmental Sc.
16. Mrs. Supriya Behera, Lect. Commerce
17. Miss. Gayatri Pani, Lect. Commerce
18. Mr. Alok Bhanja, Lect. I.T./Computer Sc.
TECHNICAL STAFF1. Mrs. Sanghamitra Samal, D.E.O.
1. Mr. Nabin Ch. Beura, Librarian
2. Mr. Hrusikesh Gochhayat (Sweeper)
1. Mrs. Manjulata Behera, +2 Arts, Library Attendant
2. Mr. Rajendra Kumar Sethy, Bearer-cum-Watchman
1. Mr. Rajendra Prasad Das, B.A., Accountant & Head Clerk I/C
2. Mr. Khageswar Sahoo, B.Com., B.Ed. Cashier
3. Mr. Bijaya Ku. Jena, HSC, Jr. Clerk-cum- Grade Typist
1. Mr. Mayadhar Barik, HSC (Bot.Dept.)
2. Mr. Mahendra Kumar Parida HSC (Chem. Dept.)
3. Mr. Bharat Chandra Barik, HSC (Zool Dept.)
4. Mr. Amiya Ranjan Jena, HSC (Physics Dept.)
CLASS IV STAFF
1. Mr. Duryodhan Sethy (Peon)
2. Mr. Nrusingha Ch. Mallik (Peon)
3. Mr. Upendra Gochhayat (Sweeper)
4. Mr. Jogendra Panda (Peon)
5. Mr. Braja Kishore Sahoo (Peon)
6. Mrs. Jasoda Pradhan (Lady Attendant)
7. Mr. Gouranga Ch. Beura (Peon)
8. Mr. Bipin Bihari Mallik (Peon)
9. Mr. Chaitanya Ch. Nayak (Peon)
10. Mr. Khadak Bahadur (Watchman)
11. Mr. Laxman Ku. Dash (Gardener)
12. Mr. Sadhu Ch. Gochhayat (Sweeper)
13. Mr. Kul Bahadur (Watchman)
14. Mrs. Sabita Barik (Lady attendant)